Home Learning Expectations
For children at home self-isolating, there is now an expectation for schools to have the capacity to offer immediate remote education…
Schools are expected to consider how to continue to improve the quality of their existing curriculum, for example through technology, and have a strong offer in place for remote education provision.
The expectations include…
- Teaching a planned and well sequenced curriculum
- Access to high-quality online and offline resources and teaching videos
- Publish information for pupils, parents and carers about their remote education provision on their website by 25 January 2021
- Set meaningful and ambitious work each day in a number of different subjects
- Set work that is of equivalent length that pupils would receive in school (a minimum of 3 hours per day for Primary School pupils)
- Check, at least weekly, whether pupils are engaging with their work
We have considered the above expectations when creating our free home-learning activities. All schools are welcome to use our home-learning resources to provide their families with a quality PE curriculum whilst self-isolating.
We will continue to update our pages with the latest Government guidance. You can see the guidance for yourself here.